Council of Europe
From January 2004 untill the end of 2007 I was a member of the Parliamentary Assemblee of the Council of Europe (PACE).
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE), which held its first session on 10 August 1949, can be considered the oldest international parliamentary Assembly with a pluralistic composition of democratically elected members of parliament established on the basis of an intergovernmental treaty. The Assembly is one of the two statutory organs of the Council of Europe, which is composed of a Committee of Ministers (the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, meeting usually at the level of their deputies) and an Assembly representing the political forces in its member states.
I was a member of four committees of PACE:* Committee on the Honouring of Obligations and Commitments by Member States of the Council of Europe
* Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men
* Committee on the Environment, Agriculture and Local and Regional Affairs
* Committee on Migration, Refugees and Population
I took part in the following debates. These debates are held about reports which are written by members of PACE. The speaking time in this debates is limited to four minutes.
* Monitoring report on Monaco (28 June 2007)
* Refugees and displaced persons in former Yougoslavia (27 June 2007)
* Feminising of poverty (26 June 2007)
* Elections in Armania (25 June 2007)
* Monitoring report on Azerbaijan (19 April 2007)
* Monitoring report on Albania ((25 January 2007)
* HIV/AIDS (25 January 2007)
* Monitoring report on Armenia (23 January 2007)
* Monitoring procedure of the Assemblee (29 June 2006)
* Irregular migrants (27 June 2006)
As a member of PACE you can table a motion. Such a motion can lead to a report. This report includes a recommedation or a resolution and will be discussed -and adopted (or rejected) - in PACE.
I tabled the following motions (was the first to sign the motion):
As a rapporteur of PACE I have published the following reports, which are adopted by PACE:
* Missing persons in the Southern Caucasus - 2007
* Monitoring report on Albania - 2007
* Elections in Azerbaijan - 2006
* Protection of European deltas -2005